CALL FOR APPLICANT
Vietnam Public Health Association is now seeking one project officer to implement a range of activities under the tobacco control department of the Association. Successful applicant is expected to implementation of activities of the tobacco control programs at provincial level.
- General information
- Job title: Program Officer
- Location: Hanoi based, work with partners in provinces;
- Type of work: Fulltime;
- Salary: Under negotiation;
- Proposed start date: November
- Qualifications required
- Possessing bachelor degree or higher in such disciplines as public health, medical science, social science.
- At least 2 years experienced in project officer, working with high-level authorities;
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team;
- Ability to work in partnership with national and local actors;
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural environment;
- Being able and willing to travel within Vietnam and abroad;
- Good written and spoken Vietnamese and English in order to work with Vietnamese partners and work directly with international professionals and to prepare English documents and reports.
- Job description:
- To manage the following project areas: implementation of activities, human resources (field staff), finance and communications. To coordinate with partners especially with local Public Health Associations and local governments;
- Determine the methodology to be used in the project appropriate to the Vietnamese understanding of inclusion of tobacco control, support the implementation of activities by partners and consultants, to implement an education policy which takes into account tobacco control.
- Write the project narrative reports and participate in financial reports,
- Co-ordinate between all the project’s internal and external stakeholders;
- Prepare and participate in the evaluation phases and implement any pertinent recommendations;
- Support and coach local partners in operation of activities as well as support them in coaching lower levels (district, commune and village).
- Candidate profile:
Application documents required:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Application letter;
- Copies of degree(s), certificate (s).
- How to apply: Please send your application letter and CV to the contact person as below no later than 19th October 2018.
Lam Thi Quy
Vietnam Public Health Association
- Deadline for application: Friday, 19th October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.